Swing set for kids seeking a new adventure
A new arrival to our collection, the Wilderness Gym swing set presents the ultimate source for imagination and everyday adventure. Two towers give children a true fort experience while the tube slide and wave slide offer multiple ways to the bottom. The rock wall and rope ladder allow children to safely climb to new heights. Children will imagine themselves as heroes as they cross the clatter bridge to reach the towers. The Wilderness Gym swing set is completed by two swings and a trapeze bar.
- Alpine Wave slide™
- Extreme tubeslide™
- Rock wall with climbing rope
- Deluxe rope ladder with wide-flat safety steps
- Clatter bridge with mesh panels & tower
- Safe entry ladder with wide-flat safety steps
- 2 swings with plastic coated swing chains
- Trapeze bar with rings and soft plastic coated safety swing chains
- Picnic table
- Sandbox with corner seats
- Sandbox with corner seats under tower
- Steering wheel
- Safety handles
- Solar powered lights
- Tic-tac-toe spinner panel
- Tongue & groove wood roof featuring dormers and a sunburst
- Tongue & groove wood roof covering tower
- Dormers feature decorative window façade
- 2 solar powered lamps
- Patented one-piece a-frame bracket
- 4x4 posts and main beams
- 4x6 3-position swing beam
- Factory stained choice grade cedar with an amber finish
Wilderness Gym Swing Set with Bridge Specifications:
- Material: Quality cedar construction - resistant to rot, decay and insects
- All corners are sanded to ensure edges are smooth to the touch
- Recessed bolts and hardware eliminates unnecessary cuts and scrapes
- Finish: pre-sanded and pre-stained for beautiful finish and longevity
- Dimensions: 20.5'W x 15'D x 12'H
- Ages: 3-11 years
- Play deck height: 5' | Play deck dimensions: 24 sq. ft.
- Deck supports: 2"x4"
- Main platform: 4'x6'
- Tower platform: 3'x3'
- Posts: 4"x4"
- Safety handles: 2
- Scoop slide length: 10' | Width: 24" | Material: High Density Polyethylene | Color: Green | Max weight: 250 lbs.
- Tube slide length: 5' | Diameter: 24" | Material: Vacuum formed polyethylene | Max weight: 150 lbs.
- Ladder height: 60" | Width: 24"
- Rope ladder: 2'-8"W x 5'H
- Activity table measurements: 40"W x 36"D
- Swing beam: 3-position - rated at 225 lbs. per swing | 125 lbs. for trapeze bar
- Swing beam height: 91"
- Swing hangers: Heavy-duty with safety clips for easy adjustability
- Swing beam construction: 4"x6"
- Swing seats: Features three premium, 1-piece molded swing seats with reinforced nylon grommets and built-in UV protection - will not heat or fade in direct sunlight
- Swing chain: Plastisol coated chain offers a pinch-free grip that stays cool to the touch and won't fray or rust
- Swing chain length: 60"
- Rockwall width: 24" | Height: 5' | Number of climbing rocks: 10 | Scaling rope length: 10'
- Sandbox dimensions: 48"x72"
- Total weight assembled: 1,070 lbs.
- Total weight with pallets & packaging: 1,249 lbs.
- Safety standards: Meets or exceeds ASTM safety standards for residential use only
- Upgraded 10-year warranty on wooden components
- 3-year warranty on hardware/accessories
- 1-year warranty on ropes and vinyl canopies
- Do-it-yourself: Free shipping
- Professional installation - additional charge will apply for installations beyond 50 miles from local distribution center
Easy to build:
- Pre-cut, ready for assembly
- No special skills or tools needed
- Pre-drilled, no unnecessary drilling
- Includes fully illustrated, easy to follow instructions
- Experienced customer service help line available 6 days a week
Delivery time: 3-4 weeks for curbside delivery or professional installation. Lead times may vary during peak season and holidays.
- Socket set
- Star Drive Bit (included)
- Framing Square
- Tape Measure
- Impact Driver
- Material: Quality cedar construction - resistant to rot, decay and insects
No downloads available.
We design swing sets to bring the excitement of the common playground to backyards across America. However, we have become the most respected swing set manufacturer in the U.S. by putting safety first, always. As active ASTM safety committee members, we have gone beyond the normal safety guidelines to ensure your kids are always safe. Here are the safety features included on our swing sets.
- Recessed bolts and hardware - All bolt connections are recessed, ensuring no cuts, scrapes or torn clothes
- Rounded corners and edges - virtually splinter-free
- Plastisol coated belt and tire swing chains - no more finger pinching
- Sturdy steel swing connectors – providing a full range of motion
- Safety handles - helping kids get a grip to the top
- Interlocking flat steps - making climbing easy
- Heavy-duty thermoform slides - Strong enough for the big kids!
- Safe redwood staining process – 100% safe for children
Parents Role in Backyard Playground Safety:
While we do everything we can to maximize kids safety, parents should keep an eye on their kids during play to ensure they are using the play structure as intended. Here are a few suggestions to keep your kids backyard play area safe:
- ASTM guidelines recommended a 6’ safety perimeter around your swing set as well as overhead.
Teach your kids safe play rules:
- Look first - Never run in front of or behind someone who is swinging
- Share - Take turns on the drawbridge, rock wall, slides and swings
- Wait until it’s dry – Always wait until the swing set is dry before you play
- No bullies allowed - No pushing, shoving or roughhousing allowed
Add a fall suface (ground cover) under your swing set.
While our swing sets are hand-crafted to eliminate unnecessary cuts and scrapes, we suggest adding a fall surface under your play structure to add another layer of protection for children – just in case they lose their balance and fall. We recommend to add rubber mats, rubber mulch, wood chips sand or pea gravel under your swing set. To see a pros and cons list of the best materials for under a swing set, check out the resources tab on this page. For a detailed guide on swing set fall surfaces, be sure to check out our resources tab on this page.
Before You Buy
This swing set is intended for residential use and is not warrantied for public or commercial use.
What to consider when buying a swing set?
Before buying a swing set, always check with your homeowner’s association before assembly. Some HOA’s have height restrictions on building and play structures. Also, determine how much space you have in your yard. Will there be enough space for your children to run around with their friends safely?
How is the swing set delivered?
Once your swing set is ready to ship from our shop in Monroe, MI, the delivery company will contact you to schedule a delivery date and time. The typical playset will be delivered curbside and comes in multiple bundles/boxes. Some larger packages may need to be opened and hand offloaded to the ground. It might be helpful to have another person help you bring the components into your backyard, but it not a necessity.
What is your standard lead time on curbside delivery and professional installation?
Approximate lead time is usually 3-4 weeks from order date. Lead times may vary during peak season and holidays. Please call our customer service helpline shortly after your order is placed to determine delivery or installation date.
Can I swing on the swing set with my kids?
In most cases, parents and grandparents can swing along with kids! Swing beam is rated at 250 pounds per swing position. So, as long as you do not exceed that weight limit per swing, anyone can join in on the adventure.
How much space do I really need in my backyard?
The amount of space needed for a safe play experience may vary for each swing set, but we suggest following ASTM’s guidelines of having a 6’ safety area around your swing set. This area should not include any obstructions such as trees, plants, sheds or any other structures. In addition to the safety benefits of a 6’ clearance, it gives kids space to run around in your backyard all day long.
What kind of construction knowledge do I need to have to assemble your swing sets?
We welcome anyone to build our swing sets, even those with little do-it-yourself experience. Each playset kit is pre-cut, ready for assembly and can be built with basic tools, so you don’t have to be Bob Vila to install our swing sets. Actually, parents often comment on how much pride they have building their playset on their own. Don’t worry, if you have questions during assembly, our dedicated customer service team can answer your questions via phone or online chat.
Periodic maintenance is suggested to ensure safe enjoyment of your swing set and optional accessories. Be sure to check out wooden swing set maintenance checklist within the resources tab on this page.
Checking, splitting and surfacing cracking are characteristics of all swing sets. This is caused by varying seasonal temperatures and moisture conditions. To minimize this checking and/or cracking, you may coat your playset with a water repellent.
Best way to stain swing sets:
The Windjammer swing set with drawbridge is factory stained to provide a beautiful finish and long lasting protection. We recommend staining wooden swing sets once a year to maintain its rich color and naturally resilient qualities. Prior to staining, clean all wooden components. Use a high quality water based stain or sealant such as Thompson’s Water Seal® . After staining or sealing, please allow 24 hours to dry before allowing children to start their adventure.
Have any other questions? Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Customer Reviews