Playset full of adventure and beautiful styling.
This playset features a sweeping 8' wave slide, climbing rock wall and two belt swings which will invite children to do the thing they love; play all day long. Even better, parents will love the beautiful design of the deluxe wooden roof while children will seek shade underneath. With imaginative features such as a sandbox, telescope and steering wheel, your child will find it easy to share their unique imagination with their friends. Perfect for smaller backyards, the base High Flyer playset gets an upgraded, beautifully-detailed, cedar wood roof with twin dormers.
- Quality cedar construction
- 2' rock climbing wall
- 8' wave slide
- 2 belt swings
- Safety handles
- Deluxe wood roof with 2 decorative dormers
- Trapeze ring combination
- Steering Wheel
- 3-position swing beam
- 4'x'4 deck, 4' high
- Material: Quality cedar construction - resistant to rot, decay and insects
- All corners are sanded to ensure edges are smooth to the touch.
- Recessed bolts and hardware eliminates unnecessary cuts and scrapes
- Finish: pre-sanded and pre-stained for beautiful finish and longevity
- Dimensions: 18'2" W x 8'4" D x 10'2" H
- Ages: 3-11 years
- Play deck height: 4' | Play deck dimensions: 4'x4' - 14 sq. ft.
- Swing beam construction: 4"x6"
- Posts: 3"x3"
- Swing beam: 3-position - rated at 250 lbs. per swing
- Swing hangers: Heavy-duty grade with safety clips for easy adjustability
- Rock wall width: 2'
- Rock wall: Includes 6 climbing rocks and scaling rope
- Safety handles: 2 | Color: Green
- Slide length: 8' | Material: Heavy-duty plastic | Color: Green
- Sandbox: Included (sand sold separately)
- Canopy: Deluxe wood roof with 2 decorative dormers
- Swing seats: Features two premium, 1-piece molded swing seats with reinforced nylon grommets and built-in UV protection - will not heat or fade in direct sunlight | Color: Yellow
- Swing chain: Plastisol coated chain offers a pinch-free grip that stays cool to the touch and won't fray or rust | Color: Yellow
- Swing chain length: 66"
- Belt swing weight limit: 250 lbs.
- Trapeze bar material: Constructed with heavy-duty metal | Color: Green
- Safety standards: Meets or exceeds ASTM safety standards for residential use only
- Socket set
- 9/16" Combination wrench
- 3/16" Allen wrench
- 2 Square Drive Bit (included)
- 3 Philips Bit
- Cordless Drill with charger
- 1/8", 7/16", 1/4 and 3/8 Drill bits
- Tape measure
- C - Clamps
- 8' step ladder
- Framing/ Speed Square
- Limited 5-year warranty on wood components
- 3-year warranty on hardware/accessories
- 1-year warranty on ropes and vinyl canopies
- Do-it-yourself: Free shipping on all online swing set purchases
- Professional installation - additional charge will apply for installations beyond 50 miles from local distribution center
Easy to build:
- Pre-cut, ready for assembly
- No special skills or tools needed
- Includes fully illustrated, easy to follow instructions
- Experienced customer service helpline available 6 days a week
Delivery time: 3-4 weeks for curbside delivery or professional installation. Lead times may vary during peak season and holidays.
- Material: Quality cedar construction - resistant to rot, decay and insects
We design our playsets to bring the excitement of the common playground to backyards across America. However, we have become the most respected play set manufacturer in the U.S. by putting safety first, always. As an active ASTM safety committee member, we have gone beyond the normal safety guidelines to ensure your children are always safe. Here are the safety features included on our playsets.
- Recessed bolts and hardware - All bolt connections are recessed, ensuring no cuts, scrapes or torn clothes!
- Rounded corners and edges - virtually splinter-free!
- Plastisol coated belt swing chains - no more finger pinching!
- Sturdy steel swing connectors – providing a full range of motion
- Safety handles - helping kids get a grip to the top
- Interlocking flat steps - making climbing easy
- Heavy-duty molded slides - Strong enough for the big kids!
- Safe cedar staining process – 100% safe for children
Parents Role in Playground Safety:
While we do everything we can to maximize safety, parents should keep an eye on their children during play to ensure they are using the play structure as intended. Here are a few suggestions to keep your kids backyard play area safe:
- ASTM guidelines recommended a 6’ safety perimeter around your playset as well as overhead.
Teach your kids safe play rules:
- Look First - Never run in front of or behind someone who is swinging
- Share - Take turns on rock walls, monkey bars, slides and swings
- Wait until it’s dry – Always wait until the playset is dry before you play
- No bullies allowed - No pushing, shoving or roughhousing allowed
Add a fall surface (ground cover) under your playset.
While our cedar playsets are hand-crafted to eliminate unnecessary cuts and scrapes, we suggest adding a fall surface under your play structure to add another layer of protection for your children – just in case they lose their balance and fall. We recommend to add rubber mats, rubber mulch, wood chips sand or pea gravel under your playset. To see a pros and cons list of the best materials for under a playset, check out the resources tab on this page. For a detailed guide on playground set fall surfaces, be sure to check out our resources tab on this page.
Before You Buy
This playset is intended for residential use only and is not warrantied for public or commercial use.
What to consider when buying a playset?
Before buying a playset, always check with your homeowner’s association before assembly. Some HOA’s have height restrictions on building and play structures. Also, determine how much space you have in your yard. Will there be enough space for your children to run around with their friends safely?
How many kids can fit comfortably on the playset?
The High Flyer Deluxe has been designed for use by a maximum of eight children at one time, having a combined weight of 1,200 pounds. This playset is recommended for children 3 years through 11 years of age.
How is the playset delivered?
Once your playset is ready to ship from our shop in Monroe, MI, the delivery company will contact you to schedule a delivery date and time. The typical playset will be delivered curbside and comes in multiple bundles/boxes. Some larger packages may need to be opened and hand offloaded to the ground. It might be helpful to have another person help you bring the components into your backyard, but it not a necessity.
What is your standard lead time on curbside delivery and professional installation?
Approximate lead time is usually 3-4 weeks from order date. Lead times may vary during peak season and holidays. Please call our customer service helpline shortly after your order is placed to determine delivery or installation date.
Can I swing on the playset with my children?
In most cases, parents and grandparents can swing along with children! Swing beam is rated at 250 pounds per swing position. So, as long as you do not exceed that weight limit per swing, anyone can join in on the adventure.
How much space do I really need in my yard?
The amount of space needed for a safe play experience may vary for each playset, but we suggest following ASTM’s guidelines of having a 6’ safety area around your playset. This area should not include any obstructions such as trees, plants, sheds or any other structures. In addition to the safety benefits of a 6’ clearance, it gives children space to run around all day long
I have a small yard; will this playset be a good fit for my backyard?
The High Flyer is the smallest playset we offer, so if you’re lacking backyard space, this model might be your best choice.
What kind of construction knowledge do I need to have to assemble your playsets?
We welcome anyone to build our playsets, even those with little do-it-yourself experience. Each kit is pre-cut, ready for assembly and can be built with basic tools, so you don’t have to be Bob Vila to install our playsets. Actually, parents often comment on how much pride they have building it on their own. Don’t worry, if you have questions during assembly, our dedicated customer service team can answer your questions via phone or online chat.
Let us install it for you! We also offer professional installation for as little as $199.
Periodic maintenance is suggested to ensure safe enjoyment of your playset and optional accessories. Be sure to check out playset maintenance checklist within the resources tab on this page.
Checking, splitting and surfacing cracking are characteristics of all wooden playsets. This is caused by varying seasonal temperatures and moisture conditions. To minimize this checking and/or cracking, you may coat your play set with a water repellent.
Best way to stain the High Flyer Deluxe playset:
The High Flyer playset is factory stained to provide a beautiful finish and long lasting protection. We recommend staining playsets once a year to maintain its rich color and naturally resilient qualities. Prior to staining, clean all wooden components. Use a high quality water based stain or sealant such as Thompson’s Water Seal® . After staining or sealing, please allow 24 hours to dry before allowing children to start their adventure.
Have any other questions? Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Customer Reviews